I really haven’t spent time secluded, in the sense that I have gone to place away from society a la Walt Whitman, or to a monastery. I have spent time alone in my house. I spend a lot of time here alone-well with my cat-and I do tend to have the TV on when here. It helps to block the ringing in my ears.
I have begun to use the time to discipline myself to write. I have not always been disciplined. In fact I need to work on this in regards to my eating. I love to eat. And I eat when I am nervous. I use to smoke when nervous, and eat too. It made me fat and sluggish. Now I am just heavy. And I attempt to walk everyday. Most days I am successful in walking. However, back to writing. I am finding this 365 prompt idea is helpful. I don’t have to stare at a blank page. I get to practice putting pen to paper-for I write everything by hand first. Then I type it. In fact almost this whole paragraph is entirely new. That is one of the positive aspects I get from hand writing first. For me the next step is to begin to move beyond just writing the prompt.
As for the idea of seclusion, maybe I should try it. Towards this end I am planning to attend a cursillo retreat. (I tried linking to Wikipedia page for cursillo but it sends me to yahoo help page. Not sure what is going on) Though it is a group retreat maybe I will learn something about myself. I am a Spiritual person, in my own way. Though I do not participate in oraganized religion. It seems more for the glory of man than the glory of God-or the Great Unknown. I think this is a better name for it encompasses the greatness and mystery surround God.
- Paper Proposal: Walt Whitman’s use of language in “Birds of Passage,” “A Song of the Rolling Earth” and “Song of the Redwood-Tree,” in prescribing a moral/spiritual outlook and ecology. (aml4453uf.wordpress.com)
- Day 3__ hahaha wouldn’t it be funny if I actually knew what day? (maryaquino.wordpress.com)
- Ten Pieces of Inspiration #43 (thesimpledollar.com)
- Inspiration Day Two: Failure (hoborant.wordpress.com)
- What I learned from the writing prompts (ifiwerebraveblog.com)