32. Burning incense at home. I love the smell and it gives me and the house a sense of tranquility.
33. Nothing. I love relaxing on the couch until I drift off to sleep.
34. Getting rid of unused clothes, books, and other items I have collected. The jetsam and flotsam of life which one often finds in the eddies of one’s home and life.
35. Going to my favorite secluded beach in Oregon. The beaches in Oregon aren’t all warm and sunny like Cali’s beaches. But there are spots where you can leave humanity behind.
36. Driving to Timberline Lodge at night, in the winter, in order to do donuts in the empty parking lot.
37. Visiting about any place on the Oregon Coast. It is especially nice to visit when it is whale watching season.
38. Heading to Oxbow Park during the fall Salmon Run. It is a magnificent walk along the Sandy River. The rains haven’t usually started and the Salmon are running upriver to spawn, molting all the way.
40. Getting lost in Powell’s Book Store.
- Steelhead, fall chinook and walleye fishing at their peak in the Columbia River region (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Oregon Sets Highest Fish Consumption Rate in U.S., Based on Native Peoples’ Higher Rate of Consumption (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Fall salmon and steelhead catches still available in the Columbia River region (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Oregon Coast (thomasleetruewest.com)