I have had many pets. When I was young I had a german shepard/Husky mix, named Alex. Then I had a Beagle mix named Megan. She would run from one end of the cul-d-sac to the other. She never seemed to tire. Then I had a black cat named Marley, after Bob of course. Then I rescued 2 kittens. I named one Singh and one Gato. Singh died from flea bites-I didn’t believe such a thing was possible. I still feel terrible I didn’t get flea powder.
Recently I rescued another black cat. The people I got him from named him Howard. I have taken to calling him Cat. Though after watching a program on the Mongolians on History Channel 2, I have been calling him Kublai Khan-because like the Great Kublai the cat is a marauder. He is forever attacking shadows and electric cords and runs all over the house. He jumps on me just as I am falling asleep. Then sleeps but my head, his little kitty engine purring away. At least the cat hasn’t taken to jumping on my head. Thank goodness for small marauders.
- What did Kublai Khan look like (wiki.answers.com)
- Newly Found Shipwreck May Be Part of Kublai Khan’s Lost Fleet (blippitt.com)
- Japanese Researchers Discover Medieval Mongol Shipwreck (newsfeed.time.com)
- 10 Reasons Beagles Make The Best Pets (gomestic.com)
- Pet Rescue Week Continued: The Ballad of Bandito (neboagency.com)