I try not to get rooked but on occasion I get taken. I had someone steal all the currency I brought back from my trip to Europe. It wasn’t much maybe $30 but it was all pre-Euro money.
I also had someone steal $5 from my server book at the cafe I co-owned. I think it was my partners sister, as she had asked to borrow money the day before and then suddenly didn’t need it.
Over all I have been lucky-I haven’t had my material items stolen. I did catch a pickpocket in Rome and a pickpocket in Sanming City in China. Both times I scolded them and let them go. The police in Rome didn’t want anything to do with the guy and in China there was no copper around.
While I have been lucky in regards to material items I find my heart is continuously being stolen by the likes of Katie B, Megan S., Fanbin, Julie, Kate B., Michelle B., and Cheri H. I don’t usually mind.
- Cheltenham Gold Cup stolen in raid (autonetinsurance.co.uk)
- Stolen ambulance tracked by GPS (cnews.canoe.ca)
- Stolen wheat seized (nation.com.pk)
- VW van found 35 years after theft (autonetinsurance.co.uk)
- Guess you needed my flipflops more than I did. (splashofthegoldfishcrackers.wordpress.com)