Where wouldn’t I like to visit. And can I go tomorrow? I want to visit every country, city, and back-road. sleepy, village, and as many roadside kitschy attractions, as possible.
The plan begins in India, where I will visit all the major tourist traps and make a few pilgrimages. One of these pilgrimages will be to the Sex Temple Khajuraho. If only all religions honored this basic human element. Then hit the Monkey Temple in Jaipur, and if feeling brave the Snake Temple in Mannarsala-not a huge fan of snakes. I also want to check out the stone throwing festival in Pandhurhna. I have no desire to be pelted with stones; however I have a stone desire to witness the madness. Other places include Ladh, and the Dalai Lama’s place of exile in Dharamsala. There is a planned camel safari in Rajasthan. Depending on how bad the camel smells, determines if it is 5 days or 7 days. Eventually I will head into Nepal for a week or so. Then trek into Tibet, stopping to view Mt. Everest. A week or so in Lhasa before making to Beijing to catch the Trans-Siberian Railway. I plan to hope off in Ulaanbaatar and amble about, before heading into Russian. There I plan to do some fishing at Lake Baikal. Finally finishing off the trip in Moscow and St. Petersburg. I am not sure how to get home yet. I might kick about in Eastern Europe working as a teacher for a year or so. Then it is up in the air.
I am not sure when I will head out. I haven’t even begun saving for this mother of all trips. I will need another tech start-up bubble to afford this trip anytime soon.
- James Morgan: PHOTOS: The View From The Trans-Siberian (huffingtonpost.com)
- Temples, Monkeys, and The Holy Man (coryexplores.com)
- Monkey Temple gets Anumati on MTV India (thehimalayantimes.com)
- “Cultural Anthropology: Self-Immolations As Protest In Tibet” (thechinahotline.wordpress.com)
- Jan Czerski- Polish explorer (slideshare.net)
- 5 Wealthiest Temples of India (ktrmurali.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Have Heart to Say Happy Losar My Tibetan Friends ! (mevidur.wordpress.com)
- Photo exhibition: Glimpses of Tibet, 1914-2010 (moonpeak.org)
- Tibet is burning: exiles mourn latest in string of self-immolation suicide protests (boingboing.net)
- Sangay urges UN to appoint special rapporteur in Tibet – Hindustan Times (hindustantimes.com)
- Boarface & the Snake Museum from Tower of the Archmage (towerofthearchmage.blogspot.com)
- Tibetan Self-Immolations: The View from China (newyorker.com)
- Wen says Dharamsala behind Tibetan protests (thehindu.com)
- China reportedly detains returning Tibetan pilgrims (mercurynews.com)
- Khajuraho (longleggedfly.wordpress.com)
- India Vacation – Explore Its Unique and Favorite Destinations (socyberty.com)
- On Holiday in ‘The Heart of India’ (Part III in Khajuraho and Panna) (sancharib.wordpress.com)
- Rajasthan Vacation with North India Tour (sharmapooja3.typepad.com)
- Jaipur, India, #1 (jcmaroundtheworld.wordpress.com)
- A boat ride, Varanasi, India (milestotravel.wordpress.com)
- 9th Bogd Khan Passes Away (thechinahotline.wordpress.com)