I believe it was my mother who once told me I should live life so that I had no major regrets. I have tried to follow that advice. And I have a quite a few minor ones, such as not applying to the University of Illinois, and not getting my degree sooner, so I could get a decent job overseas. There are a few girls I wish I had asked to the dances back in my high school days, or asked for a date in my college days. I regret things didn’t work out between Cheri and I. But all of these are minor happenings and they don’t haunt me.
The ones that haunt me are soul crushing. Luckily I only have two. Leaving my son and giving him up for adoption left me hating myself for years. Eventually I worked to live a life that would make me happy to share with him, if I ever got the chance. And the other regret is not returning to China to be with Fanbin. I miss her everyday. The way she smiles, or pretends to be made at me and the fierce determination she lives life, I miss that and more. I wish I was a brave as her.
- I never wanted be here…I don’t wanna be here at all… but here I am… So much regret… So much pain (dancingsmile.wordpress.com)
- Forgive me (iridescentjinsei.wordpress.com)
- Study: Love Hurts More than Work (blogs.wsj.com)
- More American College Students Are Seeking Degrees On Foreign Soil (keptup.typepad.com)
- University of Illinois study shows soy protein alleviates symptoms of fatty liver disease (eurekalert.org)