I work most nights nowadays. This does not leave much time for soothing rituals. However, on those nights without work I will watch sports or shows on the History Channel or laugh at Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Sometimes I go out with friends, but not like I use to when I was younger. Some evenings I will knock back a couple of beers or enjoy a few glasses of wine. Often I will light incense and candles and sip on tea. I love to read, so many nights I will get a good book and enjoy where it takes me. Other nights I will get out my collection of stamps, coins and paper money. It is interesting to see other countries and cultures on display on these items. One of my favorite activities is to torment my cat, Kublai. I pick him up and put my face close to his. He squirms and attempts to push me away with all four paws. He gets his revenge by jumping on me just as I am falling asleep. Other times he walks really slow on my legs. I swear sometimes it feels as if he is pressing down with extra pressure. He gives as good as he gets. When we aren’t tormenting each other we get along pretty good.
I was shy-still am in many ways. Plus we moved a lot-I went to three different schools in four years. As a result I spent hours reading and collecting football and baseball cards, as well as coins and stamps. I played soccer and loved it. I was always sad when the season ended. I tried to play basketball and baseball, but I didn’t do very well. I was gangling and uncoordinated, except when it came to running and kicking a soccer ball. But it was when I felt most free and excited. I loved to run.
I thought this one might be a little difficult. But I worked on it for a few days. And realized there are many things I like to do. Here are the first ten in no particular order:
1. Read. I love to read. I have read as long as I can remember. I usually have three or four books I am reading at any one time.
2. Watch Soccer-or Futbol for the rest of us. I love watching the beautiful game. I can’t wait to get home and watch English Premiere League. I have recently discovered espn360.com and all the futbol games they are showing. WOW! Man if only I could work from home.
3. Discovering new micro-brews. I love tasting new beers-that being said I tend to stay away from the fruity beers. I am a huge fan of IPA’s and Porters. The perfect pairing is McMenamin’s Black Rabbit Porter or Brown Ale and a glass of Knob Creek Bourbon. This is heaven.
4. Eating crazy foods such as, pig brains cooked in hot soup, cow stomach, fish eye soup, camel kabob, and fried star fish. Though the star fish was over cooked, it tasted like burnt french fries.
5. Collecting coins, stamps and paper money, I have been collecting ever since I was 9 or 10 and an ex-boyfriend of my mom gave me a shoe box full of stamps from Europe-almost all of them were WW II era or earlier. Over the years I have added to this.
6. Masturbate. I usually do it once a day-sometimes twice a day-everyday.
7. Massages. I love to give and receive.
8. Hot tubbing. There is nothing better than relaxing in hot water. Especially if a young lady is keeping me company.
9. Work. It is like therapy for me. It helps to keep my mind free.
10. Naps. Hitting the couch about 1:30 or 2 in the afternoon, this is a little slice of Heaven.