Winter-frozen air which burns my nostrils. perfect weather for starting a fire. sitting by that fire with fanbin, kissing her ears. listening to the snow fall. the smell of dried timber, the crackle of tree fiber as the fire consumes log after log.
Spring-new buds on trees. Cardinals return. soft evening showers. the 1st day to fish after a long winter. the links that first time of the the new year.
Summer-softball games with friends. walking through this town at night. the cicadas rustling wings permeate the silence. the full moon-lighting up empty yards and deserted parking lots. the soft hum of a cars motor as it glides by in the night, blocks away. a cool break from oppressive summer heat waves. a cooling shower to wash away the stickiness of the day.
Fall-cool days and the smell of the first fires, as people warm their homes. leaves turning from green, to gold, to orange, to red, and finally to brown. walking through the night pulling up my collar to ward off the chill. the rustle of fallen leaves as I step on them. scurrying chipmonks and squirrels run to and fro-mouths full of nuts. going to the lock and dam on the mississippi, sitting in the car watching eagles and hawks sail on air currents. Circling and circling as the sun sinks behind the line of trees on the missouri side-signaling the day’s end.
- Take Advantage of the Season: Why Our Bodies Love the Sun (fitsugar.com)
- Fall (imontheothersideoftheworld.wordpress.com)
- From Autumn to Winter (happyfashion63.wordpress.com)
- The Grandest Tree on The Planet (dreamondzine.wordpress.com)
- Winter is here but new beginnings carry on as always, regardless of season! (beyondtheshifts.wordpress.com)