To unblock myself I took up the challenge of writing one blog post a day for a write. I found 365 prompts on the web. I was doing pretty well. Then I ran into Team Melissa and that whole debacle-I will write more on this in another post. I didn’t post for about 2 months. Now that I am free of Team Melissa I have taken up the challenge again.
While it may be put aside if I go to summer school in England-I know myself and get caught up in new adventures and hanging out at Cambridge would be so cool, for now it is a priority.
Often as I write I am dissatisfied with the output-not the quantity but the quality. So, I get up and walk away disgusted. I attempt to write on another project, but the results are almost always the same. I have been working to turn this to an advantage.
Instead of keeping at the piece until I ready to throw it in the trash, I stop as soon as I begin to grow frustrated. I try to jump into another piece I have been working on. I work on that until the frustration builds and move again. So far it hasn’t been as cathartic as I hoped. But it keeps me moving which is something, even if the movement is more sideways than forward.
- The Truth About Creativity (Also Honey Badgers and The Matrix) (dmmaster42.wordpress.com)
- Writing Wednesday – Getting Personal II: Getting Emotional (kikiwritesabout.com)
- Where the Magic Happens (emmiemears.com)
- How to Positively melt those Creative Blocks (positiveprovocations.com)
- Road Block (sunnydelyte21.wordpress.com)